The Online Parenting Course you need to improve your co-parenting relationship
It can be taken online before, during or after the divorce or separation and you can book in a one on one coaching session with me as well to help you along the way.
It is designed to save courts time, to save parents money, and to protect children as their families re-organize in new ways.
PARENTS’ EMOTIONS ARE CALMED AND THEY LEARN NEW SKILLS
THEY ARE BETTER ABLE TO MAKE THEIR OWN PARENTING DECISIONS OUT-OF COURT.
After completing the course
79% of cases in a study of New Ways for Families reached agreement without going to court
44% of these parents reached agreement on their own during or after attending New Ways for Families
35% reached agreement with help from mediators, collaborative divorce teams or through judicial dispute resolution
- To immunize families from becoming high conflict during separation and after the divorce, by teaching parents the skills to strengthen resilience.
- To help parents teach their children skills for resilience.
- To strengthen both parents’ abilities to make parenting decisions, while relying less on experts and the courts to make their decisions for them.
- To learn new, positive ways of problem-solving and organizing their family after a separation or divorce. The focus is always on strengthening skills for future co-parenting.
- To give parents a chance to sort co-parenting issues without going to court.
HOW IS NEW WAYS FOR FAMILIES® DIFFERENT TO OTHER PARENTING COURSES?
New Ways was specifically designed for “high conflict” parents – those who are stuck in an endless cycle of conflict. Ideally, New Ways should be used at the start of a case before big decisions are made, to prevent the parties from becoming high-conflict. However, New Ways is valuable at any point in the process, even post-divorce or after parenting orders are made.
The course teaches parents problem solving skills so they can manage their emotions. This course also provides the structure and accountability that parents need post separation. Secondly it focuses on the long term effects for children, rather than short term change in parents’ behaviour, likely to last only during the divorce process or until the court has made orders in their favour.
New Ways acknowledges that high conflict parents lack three fundamental problem solving skills:
- flexible thinking (making realistic proposals, acknowledging that there is more than one solution, acknowledging that people are not “all-bad” or “all-good”)
- managed emotions (controlling one’s anger, sadness, fear, and anxiety so as to not over-react and take things personally, and to not pass on these feelings to the child)
- moderate behaviors (avoiding extreme actions, including extreme behavior during custody exchanges, extreme parenting order requests, and violence)
Without these skills, they are unable to behave reasonably when confronted with conflict. They think in extreme ways, which leads to extreme behavior. And, they don’t even recognize that they are doing it!
Parenting Without Conflict, By New Ways For Families
12-Session Online Class
Unit 1: Coping with Stress
Unit 2: Solving Co-Parenting Problems
Unit 3: Avoid Over-Reacting
Unit 4: Influencing Your Type of Co-Parent
Unit 5: Extreme Behavior and the Effect on Your Child’s Brain
Unit 6: Raising Healthy Children
Unit 7: Child Development Goals
Unit 8: Parenting Schedules
Unit 9: Using Professionals
Unit 10: New Partners, New Families
Unit 11: Handling Financial Issues
Unit 12: How to Avoid Becoming a High Conflict Case
This course is presented in a positive, “no blame, no shame” context and focuses on skills for successful future co-parenting – rather than focusing on bad past behavior. BOTH parents should complete the course individually, so that both parents are using the same skills for co-parenting. However, either parent can register for the course on their own at any time.
The skills learned will help each parent:
(1) work more productively with professionals during the decision making process
(2) work more productively with his/her co-parent
(3) support his/her children during this transition
What you get:
As a Certified New Ways for Families coach you will get from me:
- two one-on-one 60 -minute coaching calls with me in person or via skype.
- a personalised approach
- exercises to help you clarify your vision for co-parenting
- video instructions
- a workbook/journal
- practice exercises
- less conflict and a fulfilling co-parenting relationship
- access to the private Facebook community where I share additional resources with you
- a Certificate of Completion.
Cost: $490.00 plus GST