Making divorce more amicable.
- The divorce process is traumatic and when feuding parents can’t resolve matters and end up dragging children through the court process, this approach rarely delivers a happy outcome for all parties.
- When a family heads to court, the only winners are the lawyers.
- The family courts are underfunded and are unable to provide clients with timely access to justice.
- It can take upto 15 months from filing to hearing and in some States people have to wait upto 3 years to get their case to trial. There are no winners in this process, only losers.
Saving you Time & Money.
- The court procedure is lucrative for lawyers as it sometimes can go on for years and there is no incentive for them to shorten the process. The lawyers and the parties will continue to fight and in the process, the couple will whittle down their savings on legal fees.
- The system is also clogged with people who are self-representing because they can’t afford the legal fees.
- We aim to make the process more collaborative and less painful. For shared care arrangements to work there has to be cooperation and mutual respect between the parents in order to meet the day-to-day needs of the children. If parents are litigating in court there will be no cooperation and mutual respect.